The AFC Wimbledon Community Football Scheme
We aim to reach as many children as possible through our football and multi-sports programme. We have vital links with our surrounding boroughs, most notably Merton and Kingston, which has allowed us to become one of the main providers of sports coaching in the local community. It remains our goal to provide as much football to children in Merton and Kingston as possible.
- Saturday Football Courses
- Holiday Football Courses
- Curriculum Time Coaching in Schools
- After School Clubs
- Full Day PPA Cover for Schools
- Birthday Parties
- An AFC Wimbledon presence at Community Events
- Walking Football program for over 50’s
All our coaches are fully FA qualified and fully CRB checked.
AFC Wimbledon are an FA Charter Standard Club
- To create and maintain positive links with the local community
- To create as many opportunities as possible for children to play football and get involved in sport
- To provide children the opportunity to engage in football regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or ability
- To promote the health of children through exercise, education and fun
- To develop the skills of young football players at grass roots level
Our Community Courses
AFC Wimbledon football courses offer the opportunity for any child to learn new skills and develop their ability in a fun and enjoyable coaching environment. Any boy or girl aged 4-14 of any ability is welcome to attend and receive quality coaching from our FA qualified coaches.
Our courses are ideal for young players to develop their confidence and talent, with players placed in groups of similar age and ability to ensure the maximum levels of improvement and enjoyment. They will benefit from technique and skills coaching, fun games and competitions across a variety of differently themed sessions, covering all aspects of football development.